Sunday, June 3, 2007

Moving Update...

Well I thought I would do one last blog before the internet gets turned off tomorrow. We have spent the entire weekend moving and we have a few things left here at the apartment. Moving has been eventful. First of all we were supposed to spend our first night in our new house on Saturday night. However, the sewer people stopped that plan for us. The water can not be ran to where it goes down the drain till Monday (tomorrow). We can run water if we catch it in a bucket...but no showers, toilet use, washing hands, nada. So our first night in our new house will be tomorrow night. However our last night here is spent on a blow up bed that doesn't seem to want to hold air. So we are pretty much sleeping on the floor. Oh well it's only one night :) We also had a lady almost start a fight with us at the U-Haul place over a truck on Saturday morning. We had reservations..she didn't...and she was flabbergasted that the guy was going to give us the truck because as she said "They are two kids...they can move the stuff themselves." She had already said she was just moving down the street....um we are moving 20 miles from our apartment. So anyway we got the truck after all that.
But I am happy that the majority of our stuff is over at the new house. Now if only I could twitch my nose and all of the stuff becomes organized and in all the right places. Haha! I wish!! I will say my patience has been tried this weekend with my mother in law and another guy that I guess you could call a friend of Wes'. He works with him but he is one of those guys that has something to say about everything. You know the type? Sometimes silence is a good thing. And my mother in law...well that's another story for another time. My parents and my big bro have been a saving grace this weekend, along with two good friends of Wes' Mark and Brian. They have helped above and beyond :)
Well I am hoping to have internet again by Wednesday so hopefully I can check on everyone then. Have a great first part of the week and I will see ya'll (HOPEFULLY) on hump day :)

No comments: