Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Countdown Begins

Well we are officially under the 2 week mark. The closing mark that is. Wow so exciting but a little scared as well. We are fixing to pay out the most money at one time that we have ever paid out and I must say that is scary...but exciting knowing that we are fixing to be HOMEOWNERS!!! I am super glad that I have been busy this week and then I have my Washington D.C. trip to pass the time next week! It helps the time fly by :)
I found out yesterday that you can't renew your license until 60 days or less before it is due to be renewed. Well see mine isn't due to be renewed till the end of July because back when I was about to turn 15 (12 years ago!) I didn't make the best grade in Algebra 2 ( did anyone else have Mr. Gross?) so my mom didn't let me get my permit on my birthday. I had to wait a whole month!! Well it might be a problem now. See we are going on our trip with my parents. My mom did the booking of the plane tickets. She booked my ticket in my married name of course. Well the only problem is that I never changed my license last summer when we got married because I knew that my renewal date was this summer. Now my married name is on my ticket but my photo I.D. that you are required to have to board a plane has my maiden name. And they wouldn't let me renew yesterday because I am not under the 60 day mark!! The lady at the DMV told me to call the airline and either have them change my ticket to my maiden name or explain to them what is up and ask if I can bring a copy of my marriage certificate to prove that I am married. Well I don't want to take the actual marriage certificate because I don't want to lose it. I wonder if a copy would work. So anyway long story short, I need to call Delta today and see what can be done....surely this won't be a big issue. Hopefully not...we leave a week from today! Wish me luck!
Hope you all have a splendid weekend! I know that 2 of you, Lauren and Roz are making a trip to Decatur so be careful on your travels! Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Roz said...

Thanks Candi!

It shouldn't be an issue with your plane ticket. Seriously someone else has probably been in the situation before right? There should be some kind of protocol...it's Delta. ;-)

Hope you have a wonderful trip! Ohhh, DC. Take lots of pics and then share.

Oh, and YAY on closing on the house! 2 weeks and counting, here's hoping that the time goes by fast!

Monica said...

Unless something changed at the License office, that not right. I got married 07/03 & mine expired 04/26/07. I had just gotten it renewed in April 26, 2003. I finally got around to changing my name on it on 09/30/05 (got the card right here). You aren't renewing, you are changing your name, that's something different. I went to the office thats in the Parkway Place mall to change my name since it's quicker for me. I waited a while after we got married to change it because I had just paid the amount to renew it a few months earlier & I wasn't going to shell out another $20 just to have my name changed.
If you can't get that sorted out then take a copy of your Marriage cert with you to the airport. I got several copies from the courthouse & I think they charge you $3 a piece. Mine are all notorized do I don't have any problems.