Thursday, May 10, 2007

Crazy Gunman on the Loose!

Ok so I never thought I would be stuck not able to go to my apartment complex for 4 hours because of a crazy gunman on the loose. Now I can add that to the been there done that list of my life. Yes it's true. About 5pm today a man bearing a AK47 shot his father at the Colonial Grand Edgewater apartment complex and then left and stalked that apartment complex and ours which is right next door. They were letting noone out and noone in as they went on a manhunt for him. Luckily me and Wes had left about 15 minutes prior to go out to our house and check on progression and then we went and grabbed a bite to eat and then went to Wal-Mart. While in Wal-Mart my mom calls me and tells us not to go home because the road was blocked and she told me what was going on. So from about 7:30 till 9:15 we hung out in a gas station parking lot down the road from our complex with about 50 other people who were just trying to get home. It was pouring down rain as well!! Talk about crazy. As of right now we are only assuming they caught him because they all of the sudden quit blocking the roads. Surely they wouldn't unblock the roads if they hadn't caught him. They were allowing people back in. I hope they give us information on the 10 o'clock news so I can sleep. There are some messed up people in this world.
On a side note I wished I had had my camera with me because there was some awesome lightning going on. I could have taken some really neat pictures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes. That's a really nice apartment complex, too, and an AK47 is a serious piece of weaponry. What a nutjob. Glad you guys are ok, I know that's nervewracking though...

Colleen