Friday, November 14, 2008

My Tigers are still AUsome!

Things have been rough at our house this football season. The time of year that I love so much and look so forward to has not been great this year. My poor Tigers have had a tough season with lots of struggles. It's been disappointing enough to have to watch them lose, but add injury to insult on my part my whole family are Bama fans and they love giving me a hard time! They do every year but it's been sooooo much worse this year because of the obvious. So for the first time ever in my life I will say I'll be glad when football season is over.
I wish them mucho luck against Georgia tomorrow, and then yippee for a week off so they can have their mindset right against the bammers :) (sorry Lauren and Katy :) ) Even though the odds are against them on both these games I think you have to take a few things in account.
1. They have beaten Bama the last 6 years, so they have the momentum to keep it going.
2. Bama has never won against Auburn in Bryant Denney stadium, and Auburn would like to keep it that way.
3. The fact that Bama is number one gives the Tigers a little oomph of thinking how nice it would be to knock of the number one team. Because face it Bama is going to beat Miss State this week, which leaves them #1, and then they have a bye week just like Auburn next week.
When it comes to the Iron Bowl you can't even begin to consider the teams overall season. It's a totally different ballgame. A true instate rivalry. My team may be the underdog this year, but in my book they are still AUsome! War Eagle!

No comments: