Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just like my usual...

10 on Tuesday.

1. Last night we were watching the 10 o'clock news and I was surprised to hear they had Lawrence County schools on lockdown yesterday. The reason? They had threats going out over this whole consolidation mess. For those of you that don't know they are wanting to consolidate Hazelwood, R.A. Hubbard, and I believe Hatton. To me this makes sense...they are all three small schools and obviously more money can be given to one school instead of stretching it out over three. But of course you got people who don't want change...and so now they are threatening people over it. Ridiculous!
2. So I am in the middle of spring cleaning. I am purging lots of items and giving them to goodwill.
3. We are putting down hardwood in our house in May. Originally we were only doing it in our living room and hallway. The foyer already has it. Now we have decided to do all three bedrooms as well.
4. So my brother and Susan are braving the Disney World experience with Macy this June. She'll still be 3, just a few weeks short of 4 when they take her. 8 whole days. She is a huge Mickey Mouse fanatic and I just know she is going to pee her pants with excitement.
5. Taco salads for dinner tonight :) This makes my tummy happy.
6. I am so happy. I made Wes some chocolate oatmeal drop no bake cookies last night as a thank you for cleaning the master bathroom for me. They set. I know you are thinking big deal isn't that what they are supposed to do? Yes that's what they are supposed to do but those are some finiky cookies and sometimes they set and sometimes they don't. Of course when they don't set you can always enjoy them with a spoon :) But they set last night whoo hoo!
7. Wes has a nickname at work. They call him Sippy. If you work for TVA you have a nickname. It's just a fact of life. Well there is this one guy he works with who I met at Walmart one day when I was with Wes. He is a fun guy who likes to flirt lol. But he calls me Mrs Sippy...say it together and it sounds like Mississippi :) But he's always asking Wes how the lovely Mrs Sippy is lol.
8. We are getting a freezer to put in our garage. This makes me happy because our freezer on our fridge just isn't big enough. Now I'll have extra space whoo hoo!
9. I'm getting to go to the beach twice this summer. Once to PC with my parents. I'm leaving Wes at home :) No seriously he has to work and so he can't go then and heck I am not passing up a free trip to the beach. Then me and him are going to Destin in July for a belated 3rd anniversary trip.
10. Our actual anniversary will be spent in Pigeon Forge for my family reunion. Looking forward to that as well. We are going to the Dixie Stampede one night. I have been to that one and the one in Myrtle Beach. Wes has never been so I know he'll enjoy it :)

Well it was hard pulling out that 10 on Tuesday this week. OH I just remembered...tomorrow is Lauren and Kevin's 3rd anniversary...so Happy Anniversary guys! And I promise next week I'll have some more exciting posts. Hopefully. Until then Happy Tuesday all!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Thanks for the shout out! I am excited about the "exciting posts" ;), Good news I hope!!!!!!!

Trice said...

Candi
I have a deep freezer in my garage that I am looking to get rid of for a reasonable price.

Please email me if you are interested.