Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some companies are just impatient!!

For crying out loud! Yes this is a vent. My AT&T bill was due yesterday. I always pay it online. Well I forgot it yesterday and remembered this morning. So I was like Eh one day no biggie. Well at 8 freakin o'clock this morning an AT&T rep calls my house...Mrs. McClanahan (which she butchered beyond words) do you realize you have an outstanding balance of so and so. I was like um yeah it was due yesterday and it slipped up on me...I was making plans to log into my computer in just a second after I finished my breakfast to pay it. Really one day? (I didn't say this part though) Okay so as soon as I finished my breakfast I log in and pay it.
Well lo and behold at 11 o'clock my phone rings again....this time it is a man...he doesn't even try to say my last name...he just says may I speak with Wesley. I'm like he's at work, may I take a message? This is AT&T and we are just calling to let you know that you have an outstanding balance. By this point I am like for crying out loud!! I tell this man...yes it is 1 day late...1 not 10...and I have already been contacted at 8 am this morning during my breakfast...I paid the bill at precisely 8:22am....it'll be coming to you shortly...so why don't you make a notation of that in your little computer there. Thank you very much.
I'm just shaking my head right now. Yes I realize it was late...but come on one day? And not even a full 24 hours? Sometimes people forget things...it happens. AT&T doesn't seem to understand that.
Okay vent over!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I understand. ALso, these are the same people that get in no hurry to come and fix your service or install new service when you need it, but let them not get their money at the precise moment that the day changes and they will freak out. I undertand...happened to us as well!

Monica said...

Ahhh, I love AT&T. I've had similar issues and I've even had them call me DAYS after I'd paid my bill. I'm glad that I'm finished with them. We switched our service to T-mobile@home and we love it. I'm saving $60 a month.