Friday, July 27, 2007

A learning experience....

Ok so now I wonder whose bright idea it was to do the painting myself? Wes would tell you me and I can not tell a lie...he'd be right. Why oh Why?? They make it look so easy on all the house shows.
I am undertaking the kitchen. I have chosen a soft yellow color. It is supposed to match the yellow in my handtowels and rugs. Um...well its a little brighter. Second of all I have only got 75% of it completed at the moment because frankly I am TIRED!! It is going to take a second coat and I am not looking forward to that. I am trying to decide if I like it before I do that second coat. If I don't then I guess it's primer time and I'll choose another color. I think this will be my last paint it myself home project :) I think for the living room and hall and the guest bedroom and our bedroom and in the future the office when it becomes a nursery and the second bath I will hire it done. Well you never know till you try and it might seem easy to some but to me it has been a pain in the butt! :)
Tonight we are having date night and since my kitchen is unfunctionable Wes is taking me out to dinner. To where I have no clue...but I'm sure it'll be good :) Then we are going to the The Simpson's movie. His pick, but it is a small thing I can do because I drug him to the latest Harry Potter :)
Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: