Saturday, January 17, 2009

A normal Saturday

I sit here typing this while watching The Princess Diaries on ABC Family in my warm toasty house. My company is my kitties. Wes has gone out to a concert with his friend Brian. I just got back from the library where I got two books...Ella Enchanted and The Book Thief. Looking forward to reading both but first I gotta finish Breaking Dawn. Only 149 pages to go...that's not bad for a 746 page book that I have not been impressed with. But that is for another post.
This week has been crazy. Last Sunday Wes' only remaining grandparent, his grandfather, fell and broke his hip. At the age of 81. So his kids have been going back and forth arguing whether surgery would be beneficial or too risky. Well they didn't get a chance to find out. God had other plans. His grandfather passed away late Thursday night. So last night we were at the funeral home. I met lots and lots of Wes' relatives.
On top of that the Alero has been giving us problems. This is the car Wes drives to work. The head gasket is cracked. It's a pretty pricey fix, and leave it to General Motors to make the Alero a very difficult car to work on. This has been an ongoing problem and Wes has been constantly putting anti-freeze in it. So we have come to the conclusion that after the spring outage is over we will be finding Wes a new car. Not a brand new car...but a new to him car. Something with low mileage and reliable. We found a car lot in Marietta Georgia that sells newer cars for good prices. They do the whole car fax thing that way you know what you are getting. He has found several 06/07 Honda civics in our price range. So I guess my good ol Alero is going to be finding a new home. She has been a good car, done her duty, all that jazz.
So I sit here thankful for a normal Saturday. I'm excited about the upcoming week. I am organizing my guest room and office/craft room. Then I can set up my sewing machine. Wes has promised me once the spring outage is over he is building me this fabulous craft desk I have been drooling over. So I am super excited about that. I love having a crafty husband! So I hope that everyone is having a great weekend. I'm glad it's a three day one for Wes. Happy Saturday :)

No comments: