Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blue Man Group

What an awesome experience. Last night me and Wes saw the Blue Man Group here is Huntsville. My mom had gotten us tickets for Christmas. Back when I went to Las Vegas in 2003 me and mom had tried to get tickets to see them there at the Venetian but you have to get tickets to all the top shows like a month in advance...so they were of course sold out. The show we saw last night is different from their Vegas show but it was still sooo amazing. These men can do some amazing things with PVC pipe and other building contraptions. The whole show was based on how to be a rockstar, and it was very enteretaining. It was also LOUD!! My ears were ringing for about an hour after we left the VBC. I took tons of pictures...we were in the mezzanine section so they are good pics but not close up. I'm going to post a few.


Here is me and Wes waiting for it to begin..gotta love self portraits :)


This is the pipe organ that they played on...it is made out of PVC pipe.


These little contraptions shot loads of streamers out of them. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera ready in time when they did that because I wasn't expecting it.


Here are the Blue Men.


This was a gigantic sling shot they were using to sling stuff back to the back audience members.

It was a great show, and if any of you get out to Vegas I'd highly recommend them. One more litle note...for those of you that is looking to try out a new little Mexican restaurant in Decatur called Maria Bonitas. It is in downtown where the old Court Street Cafe used to be. We went there Saturday night for a friend of mine's b'day dinner and it was HORRIBLE!! Horrible food, horrible service. First of all the prices are absolutely ridiculous for what you are getting. Second of all it took over an hour to get the food then it wasn't the right food. Yes we had a party of ten, BUT there were other diners around us with like 2 people and their's wasn't coming out right either. Then came the checks....everyone's was seperate except me and Wes'...shouldn't have been to difficult, but we kept getting mixed up tickets. On the third try the waiter (who I might add hardly checked on us the entire time then comes to us at check time and says I'm sorry I haven't been very attentive of you, but you know some other things just come up....um yeah way to earn that tip buddy) comes over and says that he doesn't want to ask the girl to split them up again because she doesn't speak English and she is getting really confused and angry...oh my lord!! I mean come on don't you think they need someone who can speak English to take care of something as important as the bill? I would think so. Well anyway the manager came over and he was much more apologetic. One guy at our table got his entire dinner free, me and wes got our drinks for free, and I think a couple of others did to. But you know what? The waiter did not get a single tip from any of us...including my hubby who has the softest heart with stuff like that...usually no matter how horrible the service he'll still give them a little bit. Not this time :) So that's my Non recommendation to ya'll.
Happy Tuesday!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sparing me from Maria Bonita's. You know, they would have done so much better to just open up a Mexican themed bar instead of a restaurant. At least the building's cute. Maybe the next restaurant that goes in there will be worth a flip...

Glad you had a good time at Blue Man Group, we went to see Stomp back in 2004 or early 2005 and it was awesome. Something about sound effect shows...