Friday, February 23, 2007

Random Friday

Just some random thoughts for Friday.

1. I never knew so much went into house hunting. We are looking into building one and yesterday afternoon we are talking with our realtor and the realtor who works for the builder of the subdivision and seriously we are standing in the road and the one working for the builder says "Look at these two house's roofs...which color do you prefer?" It blew my mind. But seriously we are leaving this house building thing in God's hands. It is overwhelming!!

2. I sometimes wish I was a party planner, instead of a teacher. I see and hear about so many creative ideas and I wish I was doing that. It'd be so much fun. I am getting kind of worried because I sometimes wonder do I want to teach for 20 something more years?

3. What can I get my mom and brother for their birthday? My mom's was Wed and I sent some flowers to her work, and then my brother's is Saturday...we are all having dinner together Sat night. I am thinking either the movie "Invincible" or "Gridiron Gang" for my brother since he is such a football fanatic, but I am clueless to my mom. Any ideas?

4. I wish I saw my friends more. All of my friends.

5. I am really ready for spring. I want to buy cute spring clothes...something I am in desperate need of.

6. I am going to Pancake Day on Saturday morning at Decatur High School. This used to be an annual tradition for the Hancock household, and this will be the first one ever that Wes gets to go to. We haven't been since probably my senior year of high school. I'm super excited. I love pancakes.

Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait until you have to argue with the builder over the color of the door hinges throughout your house. Our entire house is brush nickel and they put brass door hinges on every door. And removed every last one of them.

Then there's the type of shower door, the type of door handle for the inside doors, blah blah blah. It tends to be that you either pick nothing or pick everything, there's no "use your common sense" for house builders. That translates to "use the cheapest or what you have on hand."

And hey, maybe I'll see you at the pancake breakfast. John hasn't been and since I'm pretty sure I'm close to having to give up carbs, I'm wanting to gorge myself one more time. Call me if you want to meet up.

As for your mom, maybe a day at the spa? Would she like that? Girl's luncheon with you and Susan? Hm...

Roz said...

Ohhh, Pancake Day at DHS... I'm jealous. ;-)
Gets no better than that, and when I say I've NEVER had a bad pancake there, I do mean NEVER. Those Kwanis Club folks, don't disappoint.

Stay on them about the house stuff. We moved into a house after the fact (all built no buyer to make the decisions) and there are a million things that I wish I could have picked. Like Colleen said, pay attention to door knobs, light fixtures and craftmanship. That's what they might try to skimp ya on.

I was going to suggest spa for your mom too. There's one in old decatur near the old bank we used to go by in our band parade routes (yes, i just made a highschool ref, but ya know what I'm talking about) that my mom loves. I'll see if I can get the name. Or maybe some nice home stuff, or great pajamas with an awesome book... Mom's are generally no fail, they just love that they have daughters who remember their bdays. ;-)

Happy Friday Candi!
Oh yeah- so sorry about messing up your grey's! I tried to be vague, guess that just confused the mess out of someone who hasn't seen it yet. It's good. Soooo good.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was going to suggest a Manicure and Pedicure. You can never go wrong with some good ol' fashioned girlie pampering.
I agree with the house building comments. You have to be specific for the builders...after all they are men and don't appreciate the "whole picture" concept. Door hinges, Door nobs, the nobs on the kitchen cabinets, the threshold to your doors, they just don't think about it beyond the $$$ aspect.
Fight for what you want...and enjoy living in a BRAND NEW HOUSE!!!
Lauren

PS, I will be in the big D this weekend as well, we should all get together!

Monica said...

I bought my house brand new & needless to say as soon as the builder's warranty ran out, it started falling apart. The guest bathroom isn't level, the toilet moans at you when you flush it and the crown molding is cracking. The kitchen still rocks though.