Sunday, September 16, 2007

Fall Begins

Hey all! Just wanted to take a minute to write because I won't be on much this week due to being busy busy busy! A few going on's in the McClanahan household:

1. A thank you shout out and plug for Lauren (Humphrey- check her blog Happy Honeymoon) for the fantabulous burp cloths and taggies she made for me to give to a friend! She did great, they are perfect, and the new momma was happy. Here is a pic.


2. I got a new cell phone this week! Bout time after over two years of my old one. It is the Samsung SCH-u740 in Black. It opens two different ways! It is cool! I can open it like a regular flip phone or I can open it like a little mini computer. Sweet! And you know what's the best part? We got two phones for 39 dollars! I am on Verizon's new every two deal and so I got a 100 buck upgrade then a 50 dollar rebate. Then they were running the deal of if you got this phone then you could get up to 3 Razr's free. So Wes got him the new razr. I'd say that's a pretty decent deal.




3. I am in the process of making my own fall decor for the outside of the house and a little bit inside. Since we have a front porch I am pretty excited about it and have lots of ideas :) I'll post a pic when I have completed and assembled it.

4. So me and Wes get the joy of totally redoing our landscape front and back. Whoo hoo...I hope I can do this without screwing it up. We are mainly just getting this prepared for next spring. Next weekend we are digging up our flower beds that the builder's landscaper didn't do a good job on. Then we are spraying weed killer on the beds. Then we are tilling up the dirt. Then laying down that landscaping film ( the black stuff). We are drawing out designs of what we like. I am also scouring out magazines and books about he subject. We are also going to be planting some trees this fall and putting weed and feed on our sod. We are checking prices to see how much it'll be to sod our side yards, why are builder didn't do it we aren't sure, and we are going to have to re-seed our back yard. Whew sounds like a lot of work. So that will be the fall endeavor and next spring.

5. I have my first two tests in my grad school classes this week. Hence the busy part. Studying Studying Studying. I have been doing it most of today and frankly I needed a break.

Well due to the link of this post I am going to stop now. Ya'll are great to read my boring ramblings :) Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Monica said...

I put a link to my best GPT site on the side of my blog. I like it the best out of the ones I've tried so far. Happy Studying!!