Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thursday Thoughts (Warning...some may be bitter)

I'm sitting here, should be doing something else, anything else, but lol I am not.
1.My 28th birthday is in 11 days. Ever since I got married my b'day gets overshadowed. Because my anniversary is 8 days after it. The other day my mom was like what do you want for your birthday...and I was like oh yeah I do have one of those coming up. It was like I had completely forgot. That never would have happened when I was a kid :) But seriously the next three weeks are crazy with events.
This Saturday is my parents 38th wedding anniversary.
Sunday is father's day.
The 23rd is my b'day.
The 26th is Chris and Susan's anniversary.
We are leaving for Disney on the 28th.
And our anniversary is the 1st of July.
Then Macy turns 3 on July 19th.
Yeah that's a lot :)
2.We are laying sod in the rest of our side yards on the 21st. Looking forward to having sod, but not looking forward to the actual putting down of it. It started out that it was going to be me, Wes, my dad, and Chris laying it. Then Wes' mom was like we are coming to help too. I know many hands make small work. But I don't really like it when my family and my in-laws get together. They are just two opposite ends of the spectrum. I hate that I feel that way. We just don't put the two families together too much. I guess I should get used to it though. When a baby enters the mix, I imagine there will be lots of times that everyone is together. I'm awful for feeling the way I do though.
3.I'm taking the five kittens to the vet today to get their first round of shots. That should be fun. They have never ridden in a car before, never even left this house before, never been away from Savanna. She is going to freak out thinking I am taking her babies from her. Savanna gets the snip snip next Wednesday. I'll be glad to have that done, because when she goes into heat, it's I'm sorry to say, but annoying.
I told Wes that they all are going to be mad at us over the next few weeks because we have to board them while we go to Disney. Usually my parents watch Savanna when we are out of town, but they will be gone on an Alaskan cruise at the same time so for the first time ever I am boarding my baby and her babies. I hope they don't hate us.
4.Father's Day is Sunday and me and Wes are seperately going to see our dad's. Wes wanted us to go on Saturday to his parents, and then Sunday my dad. But we have to go to Jasper on Saturday morning so I can get fitted for that dress, and then there was some things that I wanted to do Saturday afternoon around here. So I told him that we could each go see our dad seperately. He isn't happy about it, but I told him I saw his parents last weekend, and he would see my parents the weekend after Father's day because after our sod laying we are having my birthday dinner at mom's and dad's. So that is the best solution I can come up with.
5. We have lived in this house a year and two weeks. Believe it or not but Wes' dad has never seen our house. Ever. If they really do come help us lay sod, then that will be the first time he has ever seen it. That is if they come help.
Okay that's enough. I need to do something productive now. Sorry some of my thoughts sound bitter :( I'm not bitter, just aggravated :) I hope everyone is having a great Thursday.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

You didn't sound bitter, really. John's Dad has never seen our house either and only saw Dash when he was 5 weeks old. So you probably know how I feel about that. And my parents and his parents are pretty opposite as well, and I figure, I'm not going to let that ruin something I'm doing. If they're both there they can deal with each other, they're grown-ups after all. And I don't want to hear about it afterwards. It works out pretty well most of the time. If I worried about it I'd stress out so much I wouldn't enjoy what I was doing. Like Dash's birthday. And my wedding. :o)

Lauren said...

Not bitter. I understand what you are saying.