Tuesday, August 21, 2007

10 on Tuesday

1. My open house went great. I really enjoyed myself and I think most others enjoyed themselves as well :) Here some pics of the food.





2. A friend of ours made this for us. She is due any day now with her baby boy and this is how she has been spending her hours of can't get comfortableness. Next spring it'll be put outside when we do our new landscaping.


3. I start grad classes Thursday. I am taking 4 of those suckers so my time is fixing to be spent absorbed into books. It's been a while since I had to do that.

4. Labor Day weekend me and my hunny are going to Orange Beach. Just me and him and I am so looking forward to it. It'll be the first trip we have taken alone since our honeymoon. We wanted a stress less weekend laying by the beach.

5. This morning Wes wakes me up by a 6 am phone call. He had just left the house like 15 minutes prior to that. His car had broken down. He drives this old 95 civic to work because his Explorer is a gas guzzler for short trips like that. This civic has like 150 thousand miles on it but you know honda's can go a long ways. He thought he had cracked the engine. His dad also works out at the Ferry and he works thirds so I told him to call him since he'd be getting off and have him tow it. (Technically his dad owns that car not us, Wes just uses it for the stated above purpose). I was fixing to have to go all the way out there and get him when luckily a guy he works with passes and stops and gives him a lift. On a normal day this would have just been an inconvenience for Wes but this morning was his first major test in his apprenticeship and it has been stressing him out for a week! Update : Wes' car got fixed...it was just some kind of hose that had popped spraying coolant everywhere...his dad replaced it and brought the car to him. Also his test is over and he did fine so now he can relax :)

6. We are getting to go to Joe Wheeler park for a picnic Saturday. It is for Wes' work and they are feeding us Swamp Johns. Looking forward to that because I have never had them but I heard they are good. Also Bingo with door prizes is going to be played. Whoo Hoo :)

7. Going to get a pedicure tomorrow!!

8. Need some recipes for easy suppers or things I can make and freeze on Sundays to be eaten during the week. I am fixing to not have the time to make these from scratch meals every night that I have been making. Any ideas or websites that are helpful?

9. I am super excited that football season starts up in a week and a half. We are going down to Auburn the 15th of September to watch them play Mississippi State. Then we are going to satisfy Wes' wish of going to see Tennessee play Vandy in November at Tennessee. He wants to see the stadium and campus. We are not really a house divided. I am an Auburn fan, he is a Tennessee fan, but we both can watch the other team and root for them as well, unless they were playing each other. Fortunately, right now, they don't play each other unless it is in the SEC championship or a bowl game. So in our flower bed this fall will be displayed a Auburn flag and a Tennessee flag. War Eagle and Go Vols! :)

10. Finally another note about football. Some of you may know that my big brother is a football coach at Buckhorn High School (a Madison county school). Some of you may also know that my brother played for Austin quite a few years back. Well this year the two teams face off and for the first time since his high school playing days my brother will be back at Ogle Stadium. (Can't you just hear the dum dum dum music in the background LOL) I plan on going to see that game. You know it will be really wierd to be sitting on the visitors side of that field when all those years I sat on the home side. Well except for our off years when we played Decatur and had to be the visitors. Lovely :)

Happy Tuesday all!

5 comments:

Trice said...

That food looks so GOOD! I hope that you all have a good time in Orange Beach.

Colleen said...

Hey and let me know if you want company at the Buckhorn Austin game. I'd like to go... Walgreens (yeah, I know, I clothes shop at Walgreens :) ) has an awesome Austin shirt and I need an excuse to buy it. Ooooh who are you going to root for? Your alma mater? Your brother? Oh, football drama.

I had a great time at your open house, for those of you in blog land it's really cute. Candi did a great job decorating it. :)

And I'm jealous of your pedicure! And Orange Beach!!

Colleen said...

Hey and check out this site.

http://www.mytinykingdom.com/2007/08/22/let-me-organize-you-one-meal-at-a-time/

She just happened to post this today. I'm going to try all of her recipes. (her other posts are really funny, too, if you get a chance to read them...)

Colleen said...

Oh and... I meant to send you this...

http://www.cakesbycolleen.com/LilacRecipes.doc

All the girls on my birth thread (I know, we're lame... it's all the girls on BBC with a baby due from May 22-May 31 of 2007) posted their favorite recipes and I made a document out of it. There's some really good quick ones in here...

Colleen (again, thrice.)

KlancyA said...

The food looks really good and I can't wait to see more pics of the house!