Sunday, August 12, 2007

A True Southern Bridal Tea

So today I went to my friend Lauren Parker's bridal tea. This was a bridal tea like no one I have ever been to. It was the kind where like 200 people were invited and she didn't open her own presents, someone else did and displayed them out in the house. There was a meet/greet receiving line with Lauren, her mom, and her future hubby's mom. And I tell you this girl got set up for some serious entertaining after her big day. She got some nice things. It was just very different from my own bridal shower experiences. The house they had it in was like a 400,000 dollar house, it was gorgeous! The owner had some great style. It looked like a house straight from the designing catalogs. I was amazed at the whole experience :) I have to say though I preferred opening my own presents. That was one of the best parts. My mom said that a shower like that was a traditional formal tea. I wish I had taken pictures. Hope everyone's week starts off well :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I had both types, the traditional, formal tea and the fun shower type and I have to say, I liked the atmosphere of the shower type (and the sitting down part) but I actually enjoyed not having to sit in a chair and have everyone stare at me while I opened gifts!