Friday, August 24, 2007

Friday Ramblings

Hey guys it Friday! TGIF!! Yesterday I started my grad classes...yikes I am going to have a tough semester :) I also think I made a mistake yesterday...you know how it has been like 100 plus degrees? Well it's no big deal to me if I don't eat breakfast and usually lunch just consists of like crackers or a piece of fruit or something. This is just because during the day I am not usually that hungry. I always eat dinner. I know it's not exactly healthy to do that though. Well yesterday I was in class all day and by the time I got home yesterday afternoon all I had had was a package of crackers, one of those fruit bowl things that Dole makes and a bottle of water. I felt horrible. I think it was combined with no food and not enough water and then the heat. My stomach was upset and I literally felt like a Mack truck had ran me down. So my afternoon/evening was wasted because I didn't want to get off the couch. I am feeling a little better today...just kinda weak.
My friend Kara had her baby boy Ryland Wednesday. He came 4 days early. We are going to see him tonight.
I got my pedicure done on Wednesday. For those of you in Decatur I am going to recommend an excellent place for a spa pedicure. LT Nails...it's in the Books A Million shopping center. They are fabulous there. Try it out. Their pedicures are 25 dollars and last about 6-8 weeks (probably longer when you don't wear sandals or flip flops everyday like I do).
So I have been thinking about my old sorority t-shirts lately. I think it is because it's Rush time and while I was on campus yesterday I saw sidewalk drawings advertising rush. I want to make my old t-shirts into a quilt. That way it is a useful memory and they are not just sitting in a box like they are now. I have tons! So I am thinking of taking a quilting class at Hancock fabrics. I am wondering how hard it would be. I checked out prices online of places that make these quilts and they seem kinda high to me. I would also love to learn how to sew. Hmmm I'll have to look into it.
Happy Friday all. Have an excellent weekend!

2 comments:

KlancyA said...

You should for sure take the class! Quilts are really expensive if they're handmade, if you like it enough they could be another source of income! Good luck with school!

Colleen said...

I wouldn't mind taking that class, too! I've thought of doing that with my t-shirts but I'm having a hard time giving them up. They're so comfortable now! I don't want to be a 30 year old wearing my college soroity shirts though. No, that wouldn't be good.

And congrats to Kara! How exciting!