Tuesday, December 4, 2007

10 Things I remember about High School

Okay most of those who read my blog went to high school with me. So instead of doing a 10 on Tuesday I thought I'd honor the fact that we are about to celebrate our 10 year reunion. So here is 10 things I remember about high school. Feel free to post your ten in my comments or on your own blog :)

1. I remember getting locked in the bus bathroom on our way to Chicago ninth grade year. I was banging on the door and everyone was laughing so hard it took a minute to before someone could help me out. Even the chaperones were laughing. When I got out the whole bus was staring at me!
2. "Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!"
3. I remember 11th grade year during football season we were playing stands tunes during 1st period. We had just gotten the sheet music to "Jungle Boogie" and John Griffin had brought the sound track to Pulp Fiction in and we were listening to the song to hear it. I remember Mr. Nichols groovin to it up on the podium!
4. Theresa Godbey having a wreck with Mr. Sloan in the school parking lot one morning before school.
5. The stadium lights going off at Gold Smith Shipman junior year right before the first ballgame and having to wait to use Milton Frank stadium to play the game.
6. Lauren I remember our first ever school bus ride to a football game ninth grade year going to Huntsville and we were sitting near the front and thinking we were going to die because the driver was driving all crazy!
7. One word...Yellowdogs!
8. Another one related to Lauren...remember 11th grade year Solo and Ensemble was at Johnson High School and your mom took me, you, and Laura Phillips but we weren't going to play for like 6 hours? So she agreed that you could drive us back to H'ville later that afternoon in the Topaz :) Remember almost missing the turn off of Rideout Road to the interstate and instead of going down and turning around you whip it over and me and Laura was sure we were going to launch out over the road into the air and onto the interstate. Ahh fun times!
9. Lunch room boycott! I still have the newspaper article about that one!
10. Many Many fun times in 5th period yearbook with Ms. Stroh!

Man I remember so much more! Overall looking back high school was some fun times :) Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

KlancyA said...

Wow!! I had totally forgotten some of those!! Brings back so many memories.

Lauren said...

Ok, so I had forgotten MOST of those! He He!
Fun to think about but SOOO glad that we are done with that chapter of our life!