Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Lions...Big Loveable Kitties :)

Today I spent my day on campus at UNA shooting pictures for a Christmas present for Wes' Uncle James. Uncle James is bed ridden in a nursing home in Florence due to a disease that has taken control of his muscular system. My mother in law Kay called me last night wanting to know if I'd mind coming to Florence today to see if I could find a picture of UNA to hang in Jame's room. Well I was pretty sure that it would be hard to find the kind of picture she was thinking of of the UNA campus (you know those big ones like they take of Auburn and Alabama? That's what she was thinking of.) I told her I'd check off campus bookstore for her but I knew that on campus bookstore was already closed for the holidays. Then I came up with the idea to go around taking pictures myself. Well then Wes came up with the idea to do this big collage frame...it's hard to describe but when we finish it tomorrow night I'll post a picture of it. I'm pretty excited about the idea and I think James will love it. I forgot to mention he graduated from there when it was still Florence State Teachers College.
Anyway I also spent a lot of time at the lion habitat with Leo and Una. They are amazing creatures. Even though I have walked that campus many many times I have never really stopped to take pictures or just watch these big kitties. They are very people friendly. If you are ever in Florence and are near UNA's campus between the hours of 9am-6pm then swing by and check them out. Here are a couple of pictures I got of them.

Leo III

Una (pronounced You-nah)

These babies are 5 years old. They were born on November 18, 2002. I remember well when UNA received them in the late spring of 2003.

I couldn't resist adding this picture. I got lucky and caught him in a yawn :)

2 comments:

KlancyA said...

OMG!!! They are soooo big now!!!! The last time I saw them they were about the size of a large dog. I can remember the many many afternoons I used to spend with them. They were so cute to watch them play together!! I so need to make a special trip just to see the grown babies! Yet, I'm still glad I'm not going for class anymore!!

Anonymous said...

Can you email some of your pics?? I want to check them out and maybe steal some :-) I never took pics around campus when I was there either....would love to have them if you don't mind. Also, you never emailed me the Auburn pics.... Holly