Friday, February 8, 2008

An embarrassing moment...first in awhile!

So uh yeah feeling like a fool right now. I will say though that it's not completely my fault...but it is. So I left earlier to run some errands....setting the alarm on the way out. Gone for about an hour. Come home and all I could think about was my lunch. Let's just say I forgot completely about the alarm.
Well about 10 minutes after I get home my cell phone starts ringing. It's my mom. ADT had just called her at work saying our house alarm was going off and they couldn't get ahold of us. I was like Huh? I am standing in my living room, no alarm is going off. And noone had tried to call the house either. Then I remembered I had set the alarm before I left...and I hadn't disarmed it when I came in...but what was weird is that nothing was going off...it is not a silent alarm....but it was going off at the adt center...so I think we have a messed up box at the house. But they had told mom they called our house and noone answered but that part isn't true because our phone didn't ring once and we have caller id and it wasn't on there either. So I am confused. I am going to call ADT to tell them about our malfunctioning box. And I am also going to check to see that they have our home number right. They asked my mom if they should call the police and she told them she'd call them back because she didn't know if it was for real or not. I told her next time to tell them to call the police. Better be safe than sorry.
Next time I'll try to remember I had set it. But still if the box had been working right then I would have known. Oh well :)

No comments: