Friday, February 15, 2008

TGIF...this seems to have been a long week!

Does anyone else feel like this week has dragged?
Valentines went great. Me and Wes put a limit on each other because my hubby sometimes has the ability to be spend crazy and since there wasn't anything that I wanted I hated for him to spend tons of money on just anything you know?
He got me the movie Peter Pan because I am trying to collect Disney movies for future children. He also got me Elton John's number one's...rock out! I love Elton John especially the song Benny and the Jets. He also got me a book that he did research himself on (which impressed me entirely) called Parenting by the Book. It's a Christian parenting book, and that is important to both of us when it comes to future children. I hadn't heard of it, but I am looking forward to reading it as soon as I finish The Mother of All Pregnancy Books. Almost done with that one by the way and I have learned a ton! I think he did good for a $50 limit and absolutely no help from me on what I wanted :)
From me he got a much wanted MP3 player. Like he's been wanting once since summer. So he finally got it. He is one of those that has to study with music so it's perfect for him. I personally have to have complete silence when I study but whatever works for ya :)
Tonight we are going to Carabbas. So looking forward to it! It's usually our anniversary tradition, but since we are going to be at Disney World on our anniversary this year I asked to do it for Valentines Day.
No big plans this weekend. Gotta go help my mom with a few things tomorrow. Wes is off on Monday thanks to the presidents so we will get an extra day to spend together. We are trying to spend a lot of time together right now because starting March 17th he goes on outage. An outage means anywhere from 30-50 days of 7 days of week and 12 hours a day shifts. TVA has these outages at least twice a year. He'll be working the night shift for this spring outage so he'll be sleeping during the day...so yeah that means we won't be seeing much of each other. I remember the first TVA function we went to this past summer and one of the wives who's husband had been there for like 15 years told me and another one of the wives who's husband had started that we were now part of the TVA widows...kind of morbid but she meant that our husbands will be speding lots of time out at the plant. Wes of course knew this because his dad has worked for TVA the past 30 years.
Well I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments: