Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Time for the Ten...Okay make that 5

1. Bought the Mother of All Pregnancy books last night and I am 150 pages into it. Loving it! I am finding out soo much that I either didn't know or was possibly misinformed about. I have just started the chapter where you just find out your preggers and what is going to happen. I have to admit that I kinda only skimmed over the infertility chapter only because that doesn't apply to me at this present time...but it doesn't mean I won't go back to it. I did read some of it however and it is definitely informative. I also like how the author puts some little humorous comments in there :) I found myself reading interesting tidbits out loud to Wes as I came across them.
2. Okay so I feel bad and am hoping that everyone has kinda gone through this. I'm trying to inform myself about breastfeeding and cloth diapering. I have to admit that I'm not totally enthused about it but I am willing to consider it. Of course I am not pregnant yet, but I want to do what is best for my baby. Was anyone else not so gung ho about it at first?
3. I must say that I love cookbooks that little old ladies from a church put together. Wes bought me one from a guy at work that was selling them and they have the good old fashioned cooking stuff in them. Yummy!
4. So I have never really been that big of a fan of Trading Spaces...I just can't seem to get into it for some reason. But the other day I was bored and they had this new kind of Trading Spaces on. The particular episode I watched was a mother in law and daughter in law trading living rooms...um yeah I would never do that! If my mother in law got ahold of my living room it would be mauve and home interior everywhere! That's fine for her but it's not my style at all! Trust me she's tried...I won't budge!
5. Today is my brother in law Zach's 20th birthday....Happy Birthday Zach!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Me, me, me! I was very iffy about breastfeeding, especially. The cloth diapering thing I was pretty gung-ho about.

Here's my pros about both...

Breastmilk is always handy, always the perfect temperature, always the perfect balance of what your baby needs.

If your baby has an intolerance for a certain kind of food, you just don't eat it. If you use formula and they are intolerant to lactose, you have to use soy and that may not always be the best thing. One of the girls on the board has to use prescription formula and it's close to 300 bucks a case.

It's free.

It's good for YOU, too.

Some of the memories of things Dash did while nursing are my sweetest memories. Stopping to smile up at me, running his hand up and down my belly while he nursed... sweet things

You don't have to worry about bottlemouth

In the middle of the night, it's easy to just pull them into bed with you and nurse you both to sleep...

You don't have to ever use a bottle if you don't want to.

And cloth diapering...

Free (except the initial startup)

Less diaper rash

Cute

People will think your first, crazy, and then a superhero for cloth diapering...

You always have a diaper. Just do a load of laundry if you run out.

I'm glad you like the MOAP book, I loved it, too.