Thursday, March 6, 2008

A Few Happenings

So I haven't really felt like anything blog worthy (for this blog) has been going on lately. But I have had a few inspirations.
Last summer when we moved in we painted our kitchen, and master bath. Then we stopped because I got really frustrated with painting. Yet I keep hearing it's pretty easy to do so I have decided that I was doing something wrong. I am in the process of figuring out the best way to do this. Any tips from my friends out there? We were going to just hire it done but lately I have been bored out of my mind and I would really like to save the money for something else. So Wes begins an outage March 17th. He will be working nights, and sleeping during the day. So I think I am just going to surprise him and take on some of these home improvement projects myself. I'll start with the guest bath since it is smaller. :)
As soon as Wes' outage is over (hopefully mid April) we have serious landscaping issues to tackle. We are actually tackling a few before hand but this weather is not cooperating. Like Saturday is supposed to be gorgeously sunny...problem is the high is predicted to be only 36 degrees. I was afraid of this back in December when we were having some of those near 80 degree days. I figured we had to make up for it somewhere. But we have this nice plan drawn out and I told him we'd get it done. I am really looking forward to the finished product. I think what we drew up is pretty nice :) Now if we could only figure out the backyard lol.
I'm heading over to Michaels to pick up stuff to make a spring wreath for my front door. I'm DIYing so I'll take pictures to post as soon as I get it finished.
And finally we are on a T minus 2 months till I retire the old Alero and I get my brand spanking new Civic! Super excited here :)
Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: