Tuesday, September 16, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. We are having salsa chicken with mashed potatoes tonight for dinner. Yum :)
2. I think Samantha Brown from the travel channel has got the BEST job in the world. I mean she gets to travel all over the world and get paid for it!
3. I love the free credit report commercials...they make me smile/laugh every time. But the songs get stuck in my head!
4. I bawled last night while watching One Tree Hill. It was one of the saddest episodes I had ever seen. I think I am just emotional lately.
5. I am addicted to a homemade cheese ball I make. I made one for our Saturday football watching and yeah it's Tuesday and it is gone. And the sad part is I am considering making another one!
6. I was very upset with my kitties when I got up this morning. I have a bakers rack in my kitchen that has my small collection of chef items on it. Well sometime during the night they had jumped on it (BIG no-no!!) and knocked off this cute chef candy holder my mom got me last Christmas. It completely decapitated him!!
7. I am in major clean out mode with my house. Me and mom are having a garage sale on October 4th and I am really trying to get rid of things I don't use and or need.
8. I love this little device on my car. It is a percentage thing that keeps up with my oil. When it reaches 15% it tells me I need to get my oil changed. No more guessing! I just love my car!!
9. Last night me and Wes were working on our monthly budget for the upcoming October (per Dave Ramsey) and we also decided to write down some things for our Big Purchase Wish List. I don't want a lot of things, but what I want is big ticket items. But we have this list tacked to our fridge and it helps with motivation to save for purchases. We are no longer a credit buying family. With the crap that happened with my card, and with our new found way of living we swore off credit cards.
10. Speaking of the credit crap. We got it taken care of and we didn't have to pay a dime. We were able to score the tapes from two of the places that my card was used, thanks to the help of the Limestone County sheriffs department. Even though we aren't sure who had the card, they were able to prove that neither me nor Wes was at checkout counter nor the store at the time the purchases were made. These were turned over to the investigation team at Bank of America and so the charges were cleared off my card. So it worked out that we didn't have to pay the credit balance, nor any lawyer fees. You just don't know how much my stress level has dropped after all this!
Bonus: Most of you know this...but please please let me be a lesson to you. Always Always keep track of your information. Credit theft/identity theft is no fun. I know that Monica and Lauren know this as well. I'm just glad that it is over with.

Happy Tuesday all!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

What a relief I'm sure to have that taken care of! I can't believe you had to go that far to get it resolved. Glad you didn't have to go to court though!!