Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Saturday spent watching college football...

is really one of the best ways I could spend the day. What's even funnier is Wes is asleep on the couch...what is wrong with this picture?? :)
I made all kinds of yummy game foods and we have already watched Tennessee beat UAB. Right now we (or I) am watching a pretty good game of Georgia vs. South Carolina. I'm rooting for South Carolina because they are the underdog. But I will say I really like Georgia's coach and there QB. Matthew Stafford has a canon for an arm. Amazing!
Tonight of course I will be glued to ESPN2 watching Auburn vs Mississippi State. My brother in law called earlier...he is in Starkville for the game, and he said that the cowbells are ANNOYING!!! Haha...they are breaking them out even before the game. We had a long discussion about those things at dinner last Saturday night down in Auburn. Zach's friend Stephen, who is from Mississippi, said that the first ever college football game he went too was a Mississippi State game back when he was in high school, and he witnessed some old lady banging this young guy over the head with his own cowbell. I guess she thought it was annoying too...haha!
Another random fact I learned about the SEC today. Did you know that they make conference issues of playboy magazine? Like they have a Big 10 issue, ACC, SEC, etc. The only rule for it is that they can't show the girls bottom half. So yeah they go around to the college campuses and recruit these girls to pose for these editions of playboy. Interesting.
Okay so this is a random post, but I felt like posting :) Happy weekend all!
And........

War Eagle!! ( you knew that was coming I am sure :) )

No comments: