Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ok now that I can post again....

Blogger was giving me problems all weekend...so was myspace....sometimes I hate the internet!!
Well we are making progression on the house. We go this afternoon to pick out lights and flooring. We tried to pick out the flooring on Saturday but the lady at the place gave us a hard time and tried to say there was no info on our house and that we must have the wrong lot number. So she starts pulling all the sheets on the houses and says that we must be buying lot 65 and not 46. (Just for the record I know which lot I am buying and it is 46). She then proceeds to tell us because she is soo sure she is right that the stuff has been picked out for our house (she is still going off lot 65) and that there was nothing we could do about it because it has already been ordered. She was a hag!!! So I call Patti ( my real estate agent) and tell her what is going on. She tells me to just thank the lady and leave. She then calls Richard (our builder) and tells him what is going on and he has to call up there and straighten things out. He informs the hag that we are indeed buying lot 46 and that we are indeed picking out the flooring and that's that. So we get to go back today and actually do it. It is tempting for me to go "Told you so" to the woman but that wouldn't be very mature :)
Outside of that we had a good weekend. Wes' family had a get together dinner Sunday afternoon so after church we headed to Revilo, TN (MIDDLE OF FREAKING NOWHERE!) It was nice seeing all his aunts and the food was delicious....one of his aunts brought some homemade(not out of a package but from scratch) Mexican cornbread that she is going to have to give me the recipe for!! And Roz since you are all about some recipes when I get it I'll pass it your way :)
So I am still looking for inspirations on decorating my new house. If anyone has any good websites, etc that I can look at just pass them my way. This is the one reason I love thenest.com They have chat boards and you can make bios and some people do and I get to see real houses. I love Pottery Barns sight too.
Okay I think that is enough of my randomness for today! Happy Tuesday all.

1 comment:

Roz said...

YEA! I love Mexican cornbread, and even when I make it out of the package, it's still not right. THX a mil girlie!

Here are some sites that I love for the different home ideas. I look at everything from how the rooms set up, to wall color, to accessories, etc. Hope they're helpful...

West Elm

Z Gallerie

Urban Outfitters

Patina

Chiasso