Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ten on Tuesday

1. I am trying to find a "summer" job to make a little extra cash for decorating our new house when we get it. Redstone Federal Credit Union is having a job fair for tellers this Thursday night. They pay $11 dollars an hour and that's the best part time pay I have ever seen. I definitely have the cashier experience it says it prefers seeing as how that is the only type of job I have ever had besides teaching. Wish me luck.

2. Today at 4:30 we meet with a builder that is building a new subdivision out in East Limestone called Antler's Point. We already know it's in our price range and if we like the layouts and the land then I think that might be what we are going to do. If not I think we are putting a bid on a house we looked at last Thursday. So hopefully we will have a decision within the week. I am sooo ready for this house!!

3. Me and Wes have decided what our 10 year anniversary trip is going to be. A 12 night Mediterranean Cruise. It's on Royal Caribbean's Brilliance of the Seas and it leaves from Barcelona, Spain and goes to Monte Carlo, France (the French Rivera), Florence/Pisa, Italy, Rome, Italy, Naples and Capri, Italy, Venice Italy, Split, Croatia, and Tunis, Tunisia. We saw a show on the Travel Channel, Samantha Brown's First Cruises, and she took this exact cruise so I checked it out online an it looks heavenly. Of course by the time 2016 gets here it may be a different ship but still the route is what we want to take.

4. We have progress in the Brown's Ferry job, but I can't say what it is yet. But so far it's going well.

5. This weekend I am going to try my hand at making an easter bunny cake for Easter dinner at my family's this weekend. This will be my first attempt but Susan gave me directions so I hope it works out. I will post a pic after I make it.

6. My mom and I have decided that in a little over 2 years when she retires we are going to open a business in Decatur that is a place where people can rent out the building to have receptions, bridal/baby showers, b'day parties and stuff like that. I am also wanting to do little girl tea parties as well. I would like for us to buy one of the houses in Old Decatur for this purpose. I believe Decatur needs a place like this because the only options thus far there is basically restaurants, the country clubs( but I think you have to have someone to sponsor you there), and hotel banquet rooms. I would like a cute little house fixed up really pretty with flowers and elegantly decorated and rent it out for reasonable prices. I have been wanting to do this for a very long time.

7. Did ya'll realize that JCPenny's has tons of Pottery Barn knockoffs....it's amazing.

8. My in laws neighbors recently got two boxer puppies, a boy named Kane and a girl named Casey. When they are old enough they are going to breed them. Me and Wes are super excited because we are going to get one or maybe two of their puppies. We have wanted a boxer for a while and this is our opportunity.

9. I am trying to find a hobby. I want to do something creative. I guess it's time to search the aisles at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

10. I am so glad it is spring. This winter was sort of rough on me. I really had a bad case of winter blahs. I have been feeling better lately, and I am getting excited about all the upcoming events that are on the way.

Happy Tuesday!!

No comments: