Monday, April 2, 2007

Indiana...Land of the Hoosiers

We are back from our weekend trip to Indiana. It was fun seeing my dad's family and the few left of my mom's who are still braving those cold winters up there. We got up and left by 5am Friday morning. The weather was in the 60's and kinda cloudy up there. We stayed at my Aunt Diana's house. She has this wonderful, fully restored 108 year old big white house that I love. We spent the afternoon showing Wes around Perrysville, which is the small town my dad grew up in and where my parents first lived when they got married. That night we took him over across the Illinois state line to a ice cream place called the Custard Cup that had the best chocolate milkshake I had ever tasted. Where my parents grew up in Indiana is right next to the Illinois state line. So Wes got to tackle two states he had never been to in one trip :) Saturday we went to Veedersburg, a town about 10 minutes away from Perrysville, and also the town where my mom grew up. There we saw my mom's two sisters who still live in Indiana. We also got to see my cousin Angela. She surprised me with a scrapbook she had made of my wedding. It was really neat. That evening we went back to Perrysville to go to a restaurant called the Beef House with my dad's side of the family. It was sooooo goood and I saw a lot of my cousins that I haven't seen in a while. Overall I think Wes enjoyed his first trip to Indiana. It is a nice place to visit....although I have to say I am super glad my parents decided to make the move to Alabama before I made my appearance into the world. I took a few random interesting shots from the trip.

This is the maximum security prison where Timothy McVay was executed. It is outside Terrahaute Indiana which is on our way to my family's places.


This interesting mural painting giraffe was outside the Beef House. I just thought it was odd that this was where it was.



These two pictures are of a squirrel that was outside at my aunt's house that was eating a corn cob. I just thought it was neat.



I just reread this post and decided it sounds like I am writing a "What I did this trip" paper for an elementary English paper. Oh well :) Happy Monday all!

No comments: