Thursday, April 24, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

1. We have spent the last couple of days with our air not working and we couldn't figure out what was wrong. The system was coming on but it was just blowing air...not hot or cool just air...and so in turn it was about as hot in here as it was outside. I have a cousin who works on units so I called my mom last night to get his number. Well she reminds me that we have a warranty on the sucker and so we need to check out the conditions on that. Didn't want to accidentally void the warranty. Then she tells me that some air conditioners have a reset button on them that you have to push to switch it over. Most units do this automatically but it was a possibility we could check out. Well it was already dark out when she told me this so I just waited till Wes got home this morning. We go out and search the unit....no reset button. So I wondered if maybe we had accidentally tripped the breaker or something. Wes goes into the garage and flips the switches for the outside unit. We come in and look up the info about the warranty. We start to notice cool air. So I go check the thermostat and wouldn't you know....it was cooling off. So I guess flipping the breaker worked. Here's hoping that it continues to work.
2. I'm excited to note that we came well in under budget on our front yard work. Yeah!! This means that we can move onto our fence for the back yard. I'm so ready for a fence :)
3. I'm driving the Explorer right now because the O-ring ( a little piece that attaches to my radiator) on my car cracked. We are having to take it to Greenhill tomorrow to get fixed because we haven't been able to find a mechanic here so far. We got taken real bad by one in Decatur right after we got married and haven't had luck with finding one since. The one in Greenhill has fixed Wes' parents cars for years. It's just not a real convienient for us to have to take over there but it's got to be fixed. Wes wants to get the car completely tuned up as well because we are fixing to park it and it's going to become the back up car in case his little work car has trouble. But man is gas expensive for that Explorer...I filled it up last night and it cost me nearly $60...gas here is $3.41. You know I was thinking I started driving in 1996 and I believe gas was 88 cents then. I could fill my little car up for under $10....those days are long gone!
4. Speaking of cars it's only a matter of a few weeks till I have my brand new Civic. I can't wait. Although I will admit I'll miss driving my little Alero...she's been a good car.
5. My exhaustion is letting up a bit. My throat is sore today...I think it's my sinuses. But at least I have had more energy the past two days.
6. I watched a really good movie on Lifetime the other night. It was called Queen Sized. It was about this senior in high school who was on the bigger side and the popular girl in school as a joke nominates her to be homecoming queen. It was really good. The bigger girl was played by Nikki Blonskey...she played in the movie Hairspray with John Travolta if you have seen it. Anyway this movie was really good.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday!!

No comments: