Saturday, April 26, 2008

Why do I have to get sick on a weekend??

Yeah so it's Saturday morning about 9am and I have been up since about 6. I have got a sucky head cold and I'm feeling pretty stuffy and just plain blah!! Why does this have to happen on Saturday? The weekend is the only time I get with Wes while he is on this outage and I don't feel like doing jack crap today!!
Speaking of Wes I wish he'd hurry up and get up....I'm hungry and want breakfast but I don't want to fix anything till he gets up. But I don't want to wake him because I know that he never gets to sleep in.
I'm supposed to have supper club with some old sorority sisters tonight. We are doing spaghetti and I'm making a salad. If I don't get to feeling better however I might have to get one of them to drop by and pick up the salad and pass on going myself. Don't want to pass my germie bugs on to them.
We went to Olive Garden last night...yummy! I have some left over that will become my lunch today :) We also went to Marble Slab Creamery for dessert. If you are ever in Madison, on Hwy 72 in the Books A Million shopping center, try it. It is some of the best ice cream I have ever had.
We took my car to G'hill to drop off at the mechanic. We then went and saw my inlaw's for a bit. My mother in law was in a giddy mood. She was talking about Little Zach's latest antics and then all of the sudden...she says this.
"Now, when are ya'll going to make a baby again? Are you going off BC yet? I know ya'll talked about a spring baby." All of this in one breath. This is the second time she has just bluntly put us on the spot. With pretty much the same exact questions. (My mother in law is pretty forgetful...like sometimes she'll ask you the same thing in the span of a few minutes...so this was one of those times.)
I just looked at Wes. Then I told her "Well Kay we haven't exactly decided yet (which is a big fat lie!) but even when we decide we aren't making it known to ya'll or my parents because we want it to be a surprise when we get pregnant."
My reasoning is simply because I really do want it to be a surprise for them, and two if I didn't set those boundaries she'd be constantly asking me how it is going....and trust me there are no limits to how personal her questions will get. So for my own sanity she will know when we tell her we are pregnant.
It looks like it is going to be a rainy day. I think I accidentally gave too much water to my gerbera daisies. Like they were all gorgeous on Wednesday and Thursday...Thursday night I watered them...I thought I didn't give them much...but then yesterday they were droopy. Well I am hoping that I haven't hurt them, that they will bounce back....so much so that last night right before bed I asked Wes to move them up against the house on the porch so that if it did rain they wouldn't get any more water. I don't want to drown the poor things. I really hope I didn't kill them...I've only had them a week!
Well I think I am going to wake my dear hubby up...I'm starving :) Hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday and Sunday!

No comments: