Thursday, May 1, 2008

My 10 on Tuesday: Thursday Edition

Hey I figure as long as the day of the week starts with a "T" a ten on whatever can be accomplished!

1. We have a finish date for this outage Wes is on. He will be back to his normal shift the 12th. Now lets keep fingers crossed that TVA doesn't decide to change it's mind. I miss not having my husband here at night.
2. I had a scare last night. I stayed up pretty late because I wasn't sleepy. I was sitting in my living room watching Zoey 101 (uh yeah there is nothing on after midnight but infomercials so that is why I was watching that one). I heard this weird tapping sound. I thought well it is windy outside so it's probably just that. Then it sounded like someone was trying to turn the knob on my back door!! I still don't know it it was my imagination but talk about scared silly! Thank goodness for locked doors and my alarm.
3. Man this week has been kicking my butt. I've been sick and not worth anything much. I feel like I have a ton to do and I haven't been doing too much due to only wanting to veg out and sleep. But I try to push through it.
4. Going to enjoy this weekend. This is the only weekend this month we don't have major plans.
5. Anyone got a good Key Lime Pie recipe? I want to make one for my mother's day cookout next weekend.
6. We are getting stepping stones for our moms. My friend Kara makes them. She made us one for our housewarming.

So we are going to get one with a "H" on it for my mom and one with a "M" on it for Wes' mom.
7. So I accidentally killed these. I'm not sure if it was from too much water or what I did??? I'm sad though. Here they are in their pretty days.

I'll be getting some more this weekend. Hopefully I won't kill the next ones.
8. We are now under the two month mark till Disney World. I have been trying to figure out which restaurants we are going to eat at. They have a special number that you can call and make reservations for things at. I am trying to take care of all that now. Disney's website lets you see all the menus of all the restaurants online. That is one helpful little tool.
9. Okay for you B'ham people. We are flying out of B'ham airport. Which means we have to park our car for the week. My question to you. Since I have the option to take our brand new car down there or the Alero...which do you think is the smarter thing to do? Is there any problems around the airport? I don't want to sound out like I could care less if my Alero got broken into but of the two if it was going to happen I'd much rather it be the Alero. Or would we be okay taking the new car? Sorry I've never flown out of B'ham before. I'd be okay leaving a new car at Huntsville but I just don't know about B'ham.
10. We are about 25 min from the Huntsville airport but I swear our house is in the flight path. A few times throughout the day I hear a plane flying overhead that is coming in for a landing.
Hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday! Only one more day till the weekend!

3 comments:

KlancyA said...

I don't think there are any major problems with the airport, but I'm with you I would probably take the Alero just in case. :)

Anonymous said...

I am with Klancy. I mean, it would probably be OK, but the airport isn't in the best part of Bham. I wouldn't bring the new car if I were you. Just to be safe

Lauren said...

I posted a Key Lime Recipe on my Blog