Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween and other stuff

Okay it is Halloween night and I meant to do this earlier today but I had an online test that I studied all day for today and time got away. So Happy Halloween. We didn't have a single trick or treater but I am not surprised since we live out in the country.
A few going on's in my neck of the woods.
1. I am going to the Auburn game this weekend. Woot Woot. It's me and my old college roomie going, so girls road trip yeah!
2. We had to file a report with the Limestone County Sheriff's Department today. Apparently the finishing crews on these houses that are being completed are using our electricity. Our neighbor across the street caught them and called the Sheriff's dept. He caught them using our's, the lady down the streets, and his outside sockets to get electricity for their generators. That is a misdemeanor and explains why my electric bill was higher this month. So we will see what happens with that. I caught them using my water earlier in the summer when we had no rain and water was outrageous...what's next???
3. I meant to tell you ladies that last Friday night my brother's football team he coaches (Buckhorn) played Austin at Ogle. What a weird feeling that was being back at that field and sitting on the visitors side. It was Austin's homecoming too. Buckhorn won though. Mr. Sloan has changed in his looks A LOT. He lost some weight and he is pretty much completely baled now. The band isn't as big as we were. Remember how we lined up on both sidelines and we'd stretch past the 50? They still sounded pretty good though. We didn't see the halftime show though because of it being homecoming. They still have the same pregame show exactly. And do ya'll remember when we would do popcorn up in the stands? Now the entire band jumps on the bleachers back and forth during it. I was waiting for someone to take a headlong plunge down the bleachers. Friday night if anyone is in Decatur is the Austin vs. Decatur game. My dad said he is going to go to it. I'm not sure how the outcome will be...haven't heard how Decatur is this year. Austin is actually pretty good but they just couldn't stand up to Buckhorn's defense (I am proud of that because my bro is the defensive ends coach :) ). But I am still true to my alma mater in the city rivalry. Go Black Bears!
Hope everyone had a great Halloween!

2 comments:

Roz said...

LOL! I'll have to send some of our kids over your way next year. I didn't have on the outside lights (I was inside making pigs in a blanket to take to church for our kiddos, only had an hour so I knew I wouldn't be passing out candy) and I heard little kids run up to the door, ring our doorbell then pound on our door. Then an adult voice said, "Let's go" and a little boy said, "But I see a light on inside..." Ummm, isn't the universal sign for giving out candy having your outside lights on?!?!? Anywho, I notice as I was driving to church that several families that don't live in our neighboor hood drive up and park at the subdivision entrance and just have at it. So wrong.

Thanks for the AU update. I wondered how things were going over there in the ole' band.

Roz said...

Opps, I meant thanks for the Austin update. Guess I had Auburn on my mind. ;-) Have fun at the game!