Tuesday, October 23, 2007

New Trees and a New TV!

Hey all! Happy Tuesday!
We got us some new trees! 4 to be exact...two in the front and two in the back. We put a pink dogwood and a white dogwood in the front and two maples in the back. We will probably get us some more trees for the backyard in time because we have a extremely large backyard, but we are building a deck and putting up a fence this spring so we'll have to see how the space thing goes then. But I am excited that we have trees! It's raining today so I can't get out and take pics but as soon as we have a purty day I will :) They are cute little baby trees :)
Last night we went browsing trying to get ideas for Christmas. We have been saving for a new tv for a while. Every time we go out to stores we look at the tv's. Currently we have a 27' tv that my big bro used to have lol. Hey it works :) But anyway Wes has been salivating over the LCD tv's. We had a 40' Sony LCD picked out but then Wes' parents got a Samsung. It has a great picture! Well when Colleen posted about her Sony customer service problems we really started to do some serious research. Best Buy has a 46' Samsung and a 46' Sony side by side displayed and after much consideration last night we decided we liked the Samsung. We are getting it from Best Buy because some of our savings for the tv includes gift cards from there that people have given us over the last year. So we are waiting till a little closer to Christmas to get it but I am super excited about it. Now our tv won't look so lost in our big entertainment center. :)
Speaking of Christmas I am loving how easy my hubby is to buy for. :) His birthday is two weeks before Christmas so I have a double whammy but he makes it so easy because there is so many things he wants :) He was telling me last night he wished I was as easy. There are things I want but they are all for the house and he wants to buy me something for me...and I am clueless! Although there is two things I want....I want Dance Dance Revolution for the PS2 and I want a Wii because Wes' brother has one and we played it when we went to Auburn and man do you get some excercise with that! That is one video game system I can support :) So has anyone else started thinking about Christmas yet? Halloween is a week from tomorrow and I know that Christmas looms near!
Hope everyone has a fantastic Tuesday!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Candi,
the samsung is definately the way to go. that is the one that we are going to get as well. i was the director of marketing for an electronics retailer when i graduated college, and samsung makes a better quality, more reliable product in the world of large image flat screens. good choice.

Roz said...

I don't know much about tvs, but all arrows seem to be saying that the Samsung is going to be your best bet. ;)

And I'm right there with you in thinking about Christmas. I use Halloween and Thanksgiving as my markers for making sure I have things done for C-mas, like they're not their own holidays...
Ask for the Wii. I think it would be a great personal gift. I can bring my juicer over (if Santa brings it) and we could work out (play) your Wii. ;)