Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some Fall Decor and a really good recipe

Hey guys I'm posting a couple of pics of my fall decor. I have more that I will post after my dad's party this weekend. But for now here are a few.

I made this wreath using a grapevine wreath with assorted fall foilage on it. It was easy and fairly cheap to do.





I really like the color of these mums.
And now I have a fantastic recipe for you all if you would like to try it.

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Here is what you need:
Pork tenderloin (I used 1.5 lbs)
1 onion sliced
root beer (enough to cover at least half way- I used a can and a half)
your fave BBQ sauce (I mixed Kraft original and Kraft honey BBQ sauces)
What you do:
Cook tenderloin, root beer and onion on low in crock pot for 6 hours
Remove meat and onions, drain juices, and rinse crock pot
shred the meat with a fork (trust me it'll be so tender it'll fall apart)
Put meat and onion back in crock pot and pour in BBQ sauce (I just put enough in there to really coat the meat good and have some left over..so I guess about 1/3 of the bottle each...you just have to eyeball it.)
Stir and cook on low another hour.
I served it on hamburger buns and with onion rings. It was yum-o and it made enough or about 8 sandwiches.

Enjoy!
Happy Thursday ya'll!

No comments: