Tuesday, August 12, 2008

10 on Tuesday

1. Last night we had a FREE dinner at Mac's Steakhouse here in Athens. There was a catch in that we had to listen to a spill about a product that would help to lower our utility bill. But free is free right? The funny part was there were about 20 couples there...and me and Wes and another couple were by far the youngest there. The rest were pretty much retired seniors. The man next to Wes asked him if he felt strange sitting there with a bunch of old people lol.
2. My LAST semester of grad school starts the 25th of this month!
3. Auburn football kicks off in 18 days! War Eagle!
4. I am a huge fan of 1-800-Pet-Meds. We get the kitties Advantage for so much cheaper there than at the vet.
5. My friend Kara's son Ryland is turning one in a few days and we have his b'day party to go to. So I gotta figure out what to get him.
6. Wes found out his first old high school buddy is going to be a daddy in March. This is a major step for his old friends lol.
7. My sewing is coming along nicely :)
8. I'm going golfing Saturday with Wes and my brother in law Zach. Okay so I think I'll be riding in the golf cart while they golf but still.
9. I've been helping my in laws flip a house. It's definitely a lot of work. It's Wes grandmothers house that they are fixing to put on the market. But at least I have learned a few handy home improvement skills.
10. We have found 2 black widow spiders around our house in the past week! Talk about scary. The bug man found the first one last week when he sprayed and then Wes found the second one when he mowed the lawn last Thursday. I'm not scared of spiders in general but the thought of black widows scare the crap out of me. The bug man said they are all over the place this year. Nice! I don't want to get afraid to walk around my house!
Happy Tuesday all!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Congrats on your last semester. It IS beyond exciting!!!!!! Good luck with it. We had a black widow problem too, it sucked. We bought this spray from Home Depot, it worked pretty well. Kevin sprayed the perimeter of the house (on the outside) and it seemed to do the trick.