Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dave Ramsey

We are starting the Dave Ramsey Financial Peace University at our church next Sunday night. We went to a preview session tonight and I can officially say I am pumped up! We mainly wanted to do this for saving purposes but I'm really excited about the whole program.
I think it will be cool to say we are overall debt free. I know we will have a house payment but I am going to be glad to not have any credit card debt. Fortunately we don't have very much of that at all. But after all this crazy identity theft issue with my card, me and Wes are pretty much over the whole credit card thing.
We are in agreement that the house that we live in is our starter house and we plan on selling it in 3-4 years. So due to that we know that we won't pay off this house. But I'll say again it will be nice to know that we don't have to pay credit card debt :)
I'm ready to begin. Seeing the preview video was exciting. We get our kit next week too and since we are doing it through our church we got a discount on it. Whoo hoo can't beat that.
So here's to yelling "I'm debt free!!"

1 comment:

Katy said...

Please post about the experience and let us know if it was worth it. If it is I would like to talk to Michael about it. I think that it would be good for us too. Thank you.