Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A/C is fixed!

Turns out it was a coil that allowed freon to pass through to the compressor. Well this little coil wasn't letting it get through and so the compressor was overheating. This was either a manufacturers defect or a person who didn't install it right causing it to burn up. Don't know. But my cousin fixed it, we had to pay a labor fee and all is well now, and cool :) But I have learned that no matter what A/C fixes are just not cheap. It is probably one of the most expensive things in a house to fix.
I find it funny that at Dave Ramsey on Sunday night we were talking about the importance of an emergency fund and to expect the unexpected and ka-blam broken A/C! Another example is in our first month of marriage the alternator went out on my car, twice, and Wes had to have the breaks replaced on his vehicle. That was a short money first month of marriage. That taught me the law of Murphy :)
So now I am off to bed in my nice cool house again! Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Glad you got you A/C fixed.

You've been tagged by me.

http://www.babyfireflydreams.com/2008/08/ive-been-tagged.html