Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thoughts

1. Okay so I found this article and I found it highly interesting. I don't really think this guy knows what he is talking about but whatever....to each his own. But really ranking Auburn worse than LSU and Bama? I'm not so sure about that. And what about those obnoxious cow bells Mississippi State uses? Read it, it's interesting.

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/bradley/entries/2008/08/21/ranking_obnoxious_sec_football.html

2. Football starts tonight! Even though it's not officially fall...football season kicks off fall for me!
3. I'm so ready for 3pm tomorrow to get here. That is when Wes gets off work and we have a three day weekend together!
4. We watched the movie Stop Loss the other night. It was really really good.
5. I'm going yard saleing early Saturday morning. Then we are going to hang out at my parents Saturday and cook out.
6. So long story short on this credit card mess, the company has denied our claim because of 2 things. One the supposedly the statute of limitations has run out. Two they say I am negligent because I didn't catch it before I did. Well we talked to a lawyer in B'ham and hard to explain but I don't feel comfortable with this whole situation of the lawyers. They didn't really want to hear the whole story, they were dismissing important points, and they seem to want to nail it for all it's worth. I don't agree with the statute of limitations thing, but I can't help but feel like I am negligent since I didn't catch it. Right now there is a balance of a little less than 5,000 dollars that the thief ran up. Me and Wes feel like we would just be better off to pay that, than running the risk of this balance running up due to interest/late fees while we pursued this court thing, along with lawyers fees and court cost. We honestly don't feel like we could win, and we don't feel comfortable with the way the lawyers want to handle it. It doesn't feel honest. Wes dad is pushing us to take this to court. Wes' mom understands where we are coming from and agrees with us. Wes' dad thinks we should be compensated for our "suffering" his words. I am not out for money, I just want this taken care of so we can get our life back on track. This is causing a fight between Wes' parents because Wes' mom thinks that Wes' dad worships money. It's a huge mess!
7. Ya'll may be wondering why Wes' parents are putting their input in this. Well to make matters even more complicated the thief of our card also got my inlaws bank account number (which we had written down in our files along with the cards because my mother in law had Wes order something for Zach at one point and gave him the info for that purpose). The thief was using my inlaws account to pay a balance on the card each month. So we were paying, and the thief was stealing from my inlaws as well. My inlaws bank says that it was my inlaws fault that they should have checked their checking statments each month and so my inlaws bank refuses to give back my inlaws money. Confused yet?
8. So point in case, we are all out money (as in us and Wes parents are out some money I just realized that made it sound like we were broke...not the case), but as I have told Wes...I want my problem fixed pronto because not only are we out money it is screwing with my credit. So see why I am so stressed? I think that just paying this will lower my stress level. I don't want to screw my credit up...my score is 768 and I have worked hard for that. I don't want some idiot messing it up. I know that it lets the thief win, but the card is closed, no other accounts have been opened, we now have an id theft program, all our bank accounts have been changed, and we have learned a huge lesson. So now I just want my life back.
9. Me and mom are having a garage sale at her house the first weekend of October.
10. Wes starts another outage October 27th. So he'll be back on nights again for that time period. It is supposed to last 25 days but I have learned with TVA that nothing is as short as they say. I'm just hoping that it is over with by the first of December because we have my cousins wedding the 6th and I want to be able to go on his birthday outing the following weekend.

Okay sorry guys I know this turned out long! If you made it to the end then kudos :)

5 comments:

Katy said...

I am with you on the credit problem! After my divorce my credit was trashed and it took forever to rebuild it. It seems that you have done the right thing by changing bank accounts etc... Putting it behind you and letting God deal with the thief will help with the stress. Good luck and God bless!

Monica said...

Craig & I are going to the Southern Miss game also!

Colleen said...

Candi, what have the lawyers said about your credit? If they take it to court, I'm not sure if they can run up fees and interest while it's in litigation (is that the right word?) Have you googled it? :) Sorry you don't agree with what your lawyers are saying. I'm not so opposed to them asking for more than 5000 bucks so much, just because 5000 bucks is a drop in the bucket for that bank. I'm pretty sure they can probably write it off on some sort of insurance or something. You could always use the extra money to pay the lawyers, buy hardwood floors :) or donate it to charity. Maybe if the bank has to pay 100K instead of listening to their customer and paying 5K, they won't be so quick to call folks "negligent". I understand where you're coming from though, you just want it behind you. It would drive me nuts to pay 5K because some jack@ss wanted a "free" TV. I hope you can resolve it soon, one way or another...

Anonymous said...

Here is a good friend of ours who is an attorney. If you would like to get a second opinion. He is very honest and will not tell you to do anything you are not comfortable doing.
http://attytoxey.com

Lauren's Husband
Kevin

P.s Just tell him you are friends with Lauren.....

Lauren said...

DO NOT PAY IT!!!!! If you ever make a payment on it you are forfitting any opportunities that you have to get the $$ back. I would speak with another atty. (See Kev's post above mine). $5000 is a lot of money.